What Is The Secret?

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Quest

Eyelashes
People say that "Eyes are the windows to the soul".
Genetically, *most* Asians are not naturally endowed with enviable thick luscious lashes and due to the increasing popularity and affordability of cosmetic surgery, I believe that this has in turn created this desire to sought out bigger doe-like eyes. Sometimes, at all cost. Apart from plastic surgery i.e. eyelash transplants which can cost thousands of dollars, what other "simpler" options are there?
As for myself, I admit that I have had a long love affair with my lashes... as far back as College, I have done countless things to them… permed them and applied falsies on many occasions in the quest to achieve the natural fresh wide-eyed look. Those procedures appeased the covetous and "Dorian Grey" syndrome in me for awhile but now, I am on the lookout, considering something slightly more drastic--eyelash extensions. How far would I go to achieve that effect?
Beware: these lashes require a lot of attention.
Based on my research, this is a summary of the ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’ of Eyelash Extensions.
1) No oil-based makeup removers as it will weaken the glue.
2) No rubbing of eyes
3) Extra extra care needs to be taken while washing the delicate eye area
4)Monthly( or rather 3 weekly) touch-ups that cost 10-30 dollars
5) Risk your natural lashes falling off and looking sparse when the extensions are removed
In order to illustrate the level of care and maintenance, let me relate an anecdote someone told me recently; of this lady who would wear a pair of swimming goggles when she is showering so as to protect her lashes!! That's the level of "extra" care I am referring too...

Some places I am considering:
HoneyPot @ Pacific Plaza
Pointe De Beaute @ Far East Plaza price range: 2 for $160 with 1 free touch-up

No comments:

Google